General ResponsibilitiesThe monthly salary range for this position is $2,996-$3,164 per month.
This is a specialized, professional position evaluating the administrative, legal, historical, and fiscal value of electronic records generated by state and local agencies in Missouri. The individual in this position provides professional guidance to state and local government agencies; maintains liaison with staff archivists and records analysts concerning appraisal/description work, automated inventory systems, and standards for both; advises on problems with electronic records retention and disposal; is a primary resource for questions regarding the records tracking system; and performs all other tasks as requested by supervising agency director.
- Knowledge of records management and records disaster planning standards, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices involved with the collection and disposition of public records.
- Knowledge of hardware and software used for electronic imaging systems, document management systems, and personal computers.
- Knowledge of the concepts, methods, and techniques of project management, database management, and system development.
- Knowledge of digital preservation standards and best practices including working knowledge of the OAIS Reference Model and metadata standards such as Dublin Core.
- Knowledge of web-page development and design preferred.
- Ability to express ideas clearly orally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, state and local agencies, and the public.
- Ability of establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, state and local agencies, and the public.
- A master's degree in information systems, library science (with an information science emphasis), computer science, business, or other related field strongly preferred.
- Certified Records Manager designation or the commitment to obtain such.
- A Missouri Drivers License and the ability to travel statewide.
This position will be posted until 12 April 2012, at which point the Office of the Secretary of State may opt against accepting additional applications.
If you're interested in applying, the position description contains detailed instructions.