Friday, January 8, 2010

American Falls, Niagara Falls, from below, ca. 1900. New York State Education Dept., Division of Visual Instruction, Instructional lantern slides, 1911-1925, A3045-78, Lantern slide D47_NiG81, Box 13. Image courtesy of the New York State Archives -- and available via the New York State Archives' Flickr photostream.

Apologies for the light posting as of late. The unrelenting cold afflicting the eastern half of the United States has sapped my initiative and soured my mood, and I've become a bit of a hermit.

Winter in New York State can be really beautiful, and I'm yearning for the temperatures to rise a bit and the sunshine to return so that I can get out and enjoy it. In the meantime, I'm reading Archives Power -- Kate Theimer's online discussion group gets underway on 11 January -- and getting ready to start blogging again. Look for more posts during the coming days . . . even if the cold sticks around.

No comments: