Earlier today, I attended a staff meeting centering upon this new publication and learned that this publication is meant to augment, not replace, Managing E-mail Effectively, which the State Archives issued in 2002 [we were using "e-mail" back in the day].
I also realized that I forgot to note that Developing a Policy for Managing Email contains an appendix outlining all of the State and federal laws and regulations that affect the management of e-mail by New York State's local governments and State agencies:
- New York State Arts and Cultural Affairs Law
- Regulations of the Commissioner of Education
- New York State Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination (CSCIC) Cyber Security Policy PO3‐002
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- New York State Freedom of Information Law